Saturday, December 13, 2008

Temples, Chuck A Rama, birthdays, and snow!

Today was a busy day.
My family slept over at my parents house last night so that my sisters could watch my kids while Quin and I went to the Salt Lake Temple. My younger brother, Brandon, took his endowments out today. He is going on a mission to Oaxaca, Mexico on January 21st. We are so proud of him! After the temple my other brother and sisters and my kids met up with us temple goers (my parents, Quin and I, my sister Kirstin and hubby Cameron, along with some of my dad's family and his parents) and we went to Chuck A Rama (a tradition). Then we went to my brother Kayden's grave site and put a Christmas tree on his grave. He is getting his headstone soon. What a fun Christmas present! Then we went back to my parents house and spent the day together "as Mitchell's" (as Quin would call it). It is also my sister Brittany's birthday today so we celebrated another year of her life, with some chicken enchiladas and an "original looking" cake (Ashelyn helped)! It snowed today also! We had fun running around in the snow and throwing snowballs. The day couldn't have been any better. I love days like this!!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

We were so SAD we had to miss it!! How fun to spend so much time together and even have a special visit to Kayden!! I'm sure he'll love his special Christmas tree!!

Brooke said...

Hi Aubrey!! I'm so glad you left a comment, I actually checked out your blog awhile ago through Julie's and almost left you a comment! Your kids are so cute! I would love to keep in touch so please feel free to check out the blog any time. My e-mail address is brooke_christensen2001@yahoo.com too.
I was so sorry to hear about your little brother, I hope you are all doing okay.