Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cracker Jacks and a Boogy Man 7/10/08


A new park opened in February at the top of our street. So we hike up the hill whenever we can and enjoy a little free time. Quin had bought some Cracker Jacks for the kids yesterday, but never gave it to them. So I took the treat up to the park because we ALWAYS have a treat at the park. I was so excited to see their faces. We love popcorn, especially with caramel on it. But, by the end of the box Treydon was more interested in the prize and Ashelyn dumped out the box onto the wood chips (or pork chops to Treydon). So I would like to say my children really enjoyed this childhood treat that Quin and I like, but they could have cared less. Maybe it didn't have enough sugar!!!


The kids made up this game at the park. Trey and Ashie call me boogie man and they have to try and get across from one play set to the other without getting touched by me or they are it (its like a twisted version of tag). But since they can't quite get across because "mommy is too fast" they feed me fake food. They get it from the play set they stand on. You can kind of see the food in the background of this picture. I love this game because they learn their fruits and veggies while I get fed (with the satisfaction that my kids are learning)!

1 comment:

hayley said...

It is so fun to see what kids come up with! That's awesome you got a new park just in time for summer:)