Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The rest of our trip to Missouri 8/08

We had WAY too much fun in Missouri. So I am compiling.

The kids and I went to this nature conservatory with a friend. We walked along one path around the conservatory. Then my friend had to go home and my kids were still moving so we took another trail. About ten minutes into the hike it started pouring. And if you know Missouri it just starts pouring with out warning and pours and pours - BIG RAINDROPS! So we took shelter under a tree until it was safe to come out. We came out pretty dry!

St. Louis had a multicultural fair going on downtown so some friends and us piled in our car and headed down to enjoy the day. It had been perfect weather all week, and of course it was burning hot this weekend. We were sweating as we walked around. Trey had to get his face painted. It is a North American Yuman Face Painting. He thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I, on the other hand, was wondering why he had to get the painting with the most work as we stood in the sweldering heat sweating. I am such a patient mother!!!

We went swimming almost every day. Here is Quin and the kids. Quin got to come spend some weekend days in the pool with us.

There was a lot of beach volleyball played at nights. Here is Ashelyn playing in the sand. Our poor car is really going to need a deep cleaning now.

This is the only picture of our trip back to Utah. I planned on taking more pictures but since we drove straight through unexpectedly, leaving Friday night at 5 p.m. and getting into Pleasant Grove around 12 p.m. Saturday afternoon, I forgot through my grogginess to take another picture. But don't worry, Quin made it to his BYU game!!!

1 comment:

hayley said...

Oh good, I am glad Quinn didn't miss his BYU game:) Looks like a lot of fun, but I bet you are glad to be home! Hope you have a great year, I LOVED fourth year. Enjoy your husband while you can because next year he is going to be a different person and you will never see him:) Just so you know what to look forward too!