Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Ashelyn!

Ashie turned 3 today. My baby isn't so young anymore. I just look at her and wonder how my sweet baby girl got so big and independant.


For her birthday she insisted on everything red - red cake, red balloons, red pinata, and even a red play kitchen. So the theme was red. I couldn't do "just" a red cake so I made a red purse cake, to which she exclaimed "my pink purse cake!" and looked happily content. So I was safe!
I think it was funny that she chose her pink Minnie shirt to wear for her birthday party because she wanted everything red. I love the mind of a toddler!
We also made red (dark pink) cupcakes

and Trey made this red pinata and painted flowers on it for her (he seriously painted it himself!).
She said she couldn't turn three until her party, where her friends swam in our pool, broke the candy-filled pinata open, and ate cupcakes and icecream.

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

4 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Cute girlie - just like her mommy! =)

Kimberley said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys! We miss all of you!

Jill said...

How cute, Happy Birthday!

rebecca said...

Wow!! She's sooo grown up!! What a fun red(pink) party:) I just keep checking the site, cuz I can't remember when you are due:) Is it coming up? Glad to see you are settled in you new home;)