Monday, July 27, 2009

The story of Trey's shoes

Treydon has this pair of shoes that he loves. He "had" to get them last year at the beginning of preschool. They are from target (and weren't on sale so I wasn't overly excited to get cheaply made shoes prices at $17.99, but I did anyway to make him happy). Since then he wore them almost every day to preschool (unfortunately his dad has a shoe fettish and also bought him a pair of shoes worth over $70 and those still look new). The shoe laces have broke (the replacements are free laces from Children's Hospital where Quin works) and they also have holes in the toes to which I said we were throwing them away. Trey decided to "fix" them up so he could still wear them and this is the end product.

He has since worn them to the library, play group, and even to my doctors appointment! He "loves" them and insists they look even better than when we bought them (before they attracted string and tape). He wanted to take a picture and as I was looking through my pictures I "had" to post this picture. It just shows the determination of a five year old!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

As Trey would say, "that's awesome"! He's a funny kid

rebecca said...

What a smart boy!!! He'll be handy to have around the house as he gets older:)